Friday, November 21, 2014

Round 3 - Ready, Set, Go

It's that time again - needles, syringes and vials by the fistful. I started the third round of meds this past Monday, so today is day 5 of Lupron. The last time it took about a week before the side effects kicked in, so we'll see in a few days if the hot flashes, insomnia and weight gain will return with this cycle. Today I met a brand spanking new side effect that didn't pop up last time; nausea. To be fair, nausea is my catch-all 'something's off in my body' symptom. Some people get headaches, I get nausea. Especially when hormones are involved; even your run-of-the-mill birth control pills will make me nauseous on a daily basis. When we did the first round of meds in July and August, I was actually pretty lucky that the nausea side effect didn't show up until we added the Estrace and then it was pretty intense. I cursed the Estrace a bit for it, but I guess there's a chance that the Lupron was equally to blame. On the bright side, I didn't need to hold onto those extra calories I ate at our office holiday lunch anyway.

So we're about a week into the cycle with exactly 4 weeks to transfer. I'll go in for a baseline monitoring appointment next Wednesday and if everything looks good, we'll start the Estrace on Friday and work on building a nice thick lining for the next monitoring appointment in December. Scott and I are going to sneak a nice little Caribbean getaway in between to get some rest and relaxation in before I get called up for stork duty. We're now 2 weeks away from vacation, and I'm looking forward to a fruity drink in my hand and some sand in my toes. Here's hoping that the tropical sun will help clear my hormonally-induced pukiness.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of your upcoming vacation. That sounds lovely! Have a great time.

    ♥Spot

    ReplyDelete